- Dr. Kesh Keshavan to be appointed by Hyperion Metals to its Scientific and Technical Advisory Board as a chief materials scientist.
- Dr. Keshavan is a successful and respected materials scientist with a significant record of progressing technologies with invention through commercialisation.
- The Scientific and Advisory Board is for guidance to Hyperion’s technical and scientific project development activities to meet zero carbon evaluative mineral supply chains.
Hyperion Metals Limited (Hyperion or the Company) announced reinforcement of the company’s Advisory Board
(Technical and Advisory Board) through the introduction of Dr. Kesh Keshavan into the company.
Dr. Keshavan is awarded as the “Most Cited Author” says The Institute of Scientific Information.
Dr. Kesh Keshavan is a PhD, with 30 years of experience as a pre eminent material scientist as a pre eminent material scientist with a background in industry and a record of commercialising new innovations. Dr. Keshavan holds background in Superhard materials and 200 patents.
Currently Dr. Keshavan is the President of Blacksand Technology LLC and Director of Development for SuperMetalix, Inc., a R&D company that commercialises synthetic superhard material Tetride.
- Dr. Keshavan was previously serving a a Director, Materials Engineering for Smith Bits, a Schlumber company
- and as a Technology Advisor at Schlumber Drilling Group
- Advanced Materials Group SII Mega Diamond at the position of a Vice President
- GeoDiamond Engineering and Manufacturing as Vice President
Dr. Keshavan was a B.S in metallurgy from Indian Institute of Science and earned his degree of Bachelor of Science from Bangalore University and a Master’s and PhD in Material Science from University of Kentucky.
- He was a member of American Society for Metals.
- Contributed at American Society for Testing and Materials.
- Member at Society for Petroleum Engineers International.
- And the Director of R&D Technical Committee.
Anastasios Arima, Managing Director of Hyperion Metals said: “I am extremely pleased to have Dr. Keshavan join Hyperion Metals’ Scientific and Technical Advisory Board. With his decades of experience as a senior executive and outstanding track record as a scientist and prolific inventor, Dr. Keshavan will be invaluable to Hyperion as we scale and commercialise the breakthrough HAMR low-to-zero carbon titanium metal and powders technology.
Dr. Keshavan’s appointment demonstrates that we are rapidly building a team of America’s leading materials scientists that intend to transform the low carbon metals and 3D printing sectors. This team, and the breakthrough HAMR technology has the potential to accelerate the penetration of titanium metal and powders into the space, aerospace, EV, medical and defence sectors.”
About Hyperion Metals
Hyperion’s goal is to be the prime developer of zero carbon with sustainable and material supply chains for up to date American industries including space, aerospace, electricity based vehicles, and 3D printing.
Hyperion Metals hold a 100% interest in the Titan Project, covering around 4,000 acres of titanium with rare earth minerals like high grade silica sand and zircon rich mineral sands properties in Tennessee, USA.
The Titan Project is located in a way to gain achievement in the southeast of the USA, with low-cost road, rail and water logistics connecting it to top class manufacturing industries of the world.